Founded in 1964, Vetus has since grown to be a truly international business, being a developer, manufacturer and trading company selling technical equipment and marine diesel engines for pleasure craft and smaller commercial vessels.
With over 40 years of experience in the the design and development of diesel engines, marine accessories, and technical equipment Vetus has become known for high quality and reliability and created a reputation among service professionals and boat owners as a superb product. Vetus Marine offers a wide range of products, including:
- Waterlock/ Mufflers
- Marine Hoses
- Anchor Windlass
- Portholes & Hatches
- Steering Set
- Control Panels
- Bow & Stern Thrusters
- and more...
Vetus Manuevering Systems
Vetus offers a wide range of bow thrusters, both electric and hydraulic, to suit a broad variety of boats. A stern thruster, in combination with a bow thruster will provide even greater maneuverability of your boat in tight spaces. Vetus bow and stern thrusters offer many design advantages, including:
- A single propeller to create less flow disturbance in the tunnel
- Unique propeller blade design minimizes cavitation noise
- Flexible coupling between tail piece and motor eliminates vibration
- Streamlined tail piece for optimum flow
- Strong synthetic propeller eliminates corrosion and reduces weight
- Equal thrust in either direction
- High efficiency motors
- Easy and clear installation and operation instructions
Portholes and Hatches
Vetus portholes and hatches are constructed in a vast range of shapes and sizes and the aluminum profiles are hand-polished prior to the anodizing process. All of the stainless steel components are made from high-gloss polished AISI 316 stainless steel. These hatches and portholes use corrosion free synthetic fittings and durable rubber seals and most can be supplied with a mosquito screen. All Vetus hatches and portholes are CE classified.
Vetus offers high capacity alternators fitted to all Vetus engines and offer low noise levels due to air intake design on Mitsubishi models. All Vetus engines are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency and feature specifically designed marinisation components.
Vetus exhaust systems have rotating connections and bodies for easy installation of hoses from any angle and offer excellent noise reduction combined with minimal back pressure. They also have gooseneck/muffler and waterlock/muffler combinations.
Vetus fuel systems feature a fuel "Splash Stop" to help protect the environment. The fuel filters have a CE & ABYC approved clear bowl and have a filtering surface up to 5 times larger, which is owed to a patented full-flow system. Vetus fuel filters have O-ring sealing for leak-free element replacement and the "Fuel-sage" provides complete protection against fuel theft at a very low cost.
To avoid internal condensation, Vetus boat instruments are double glazed. All instrument panels are watertight, have plug connectors for quick and reliable installation, and can be extended with the aid of Vetus extension panels.
Waste Water Systems
WWS (Waste Water Tank)
- Vetus waste water tanks offer easy installation and are quick to fit, they are supplied pre-fitted with pump, discharge pipe, breather, inspection cover and gauge sender. These water tanks are low maintenance and space saving.
EMP 140 (Waste Water Pump)
- Powerful diaphragm pump equipped with "duck bill" valves that produce very low noise compared with rotary pumps and the rotatable connectors allow hose connection from any hole.
Electric Marine Toilets
- Vetus' electric marine toilets feature stylish and ergonomic porcelain bowls with easy to clean seats and lids of similar dimensions to a normal domestic toilet.
WCP (Electric Marine Toilet)
- This is the smallest electric toilet with built in macerator and pump on the market.
Vetus offers a wide range of hydraulic pumps with an extremely low noise leve and their power take offs and brackets are able to suit other engine makes. They offer control units for both 12V and 24V installations.
Vetus supplies complete steering systems for both single and dual steering positions, and they are available for rudders, outboard motors or Z-drives. The steering systems can be operated by manual pump, electro-hydraulic pump or power steering. Vetus steering systems offer a simple and uncomplicated installation and are virtually maintenance free.
Vetus cowl ventilators are available in flexible synthetic material or high-gloss polished AISI 316 stainless steel as well as a variety of shapes and sizes to suit all boats. The UFO ventilators provide permanent boat ventilation, day and night.
The windshield wipers offered by Vetus feature a new version with a tapered and knurled shaft end and produce extremely low noise.