For marine audio, FUSION offers full product lines of Stereo units, Speakers, Marine packs, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, and a variety of stereo unit accessories. FUSION offers a wide range of stereo units, designed to standup to the harsh marine environment and available in a variety of styles to suit your application. They have everything from basic marine stereos, to those offering CD, MP3, iPod, and DVD compatibility. FUSION Electronics' innovative nature has made them the first to offers products with an internal dock for iPods.
FUSION's audio products stamped with the True Marine offer quality and assurance that the product is designed and engineered specifically for the marine environment. These products are able to withstand water, wind, salt and sun, and they perform consistently season after season. True Marine products are innovative, as well as practical, and offer features that enhance the overall boating experience. Some of these features include:
- 360° Waterproof Design
- Innovative Multi-Zone Control
- User Friendly
- Unique Internal iPod Docking
- Superior Die-Cast Construction
- Large, Adjustable Back Lit LCD Display Screen
- True Integration for iPod
- Advanced Power Saving
What is Multi-Zone Technology?
Mult-Zone technology from FUSION allows you to create a truly customized audio solution to suit your vessel. By creating multiple independent 'Zones', this technology provides an entertainment solution that everyone on board can enjoy. Control the audio settings for all Zones through the Marine Stereo, or alternatively customize the audio system by installing a Wired Remote Control in each zone of the vessel.
What is D-Class technology?
Utilized in FUSION's Marine Stereos, D-Class technology is a highly efficient amplifier technology and allows higher levels of output with less power use, resulting in lower battery drain. This technology allows you to listen to your music louder, and for longer than a regular audio system without the concern of high levels of battery drain - which is a great advantage, especially in the marine environment.
Which iPod's are compatible with the FUSION marine iPod inside products?
- iPod touch: Gen 1, 2, 3
- iPod classic: Gen 5, 6, 7, 8
- iPod nano: Gen 2, 3, 4, 5
What is an IP Rating?
IP ratings are international standards used to rate the protection provided by enclosures with respect to harmful effects on the equipment due to the ingress of water. The True Marine audio products by FUSION (when properly installed), comply with IPx5 waterproof standards:
- Protected against water jets
- Water projected in jets against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects
What is the difference between 2-way and 3-way speakers?
A 2-way speaker, which may also be known commonly as a coaxial speaker, has separate tweeter mounted on a pole in the center of the speaker. The tweeter has a built-in crossover with separates the high frequencies, and give more clarity and definition to your music. A triaxial, or 3-way speaker, has a small midrange speaker as well as a tweeter mounted at the pole piece. Both the mid and tweeter have their frequencies controlled by a built in crossover providing better clarity and wider frequency response. Triaxial speakers generally have a higher RMS output than 2-way speakers, and produce cleaner signal separation and better definition.
Types of Grilles
Each pair of 6" or 7" True Marine Speakers comes with three pairs of grilles in each box: standard, sport and cloth. (4" Speakers only come with standard grilles.)
- Standard Grilles: These grilles are factory fitted and are the most rugged and offer the highest level of protection. The standard grilles are recommended for use in high traffic areas, or where objects are liable to be moving around or knocking into the speakers.
- Cloth Grilles: The cloth grilles are designed to enhance the internal cabin area, the cloth insert is removable via the screws on the inside of the grille, this allows you to change the cloth to compliment the cabins decor.
- Sport Grilles: The sport grilles provide a third grille alternative for your speakers.