Gill Marine Apparel Products and Accessories
Gill is a world leading manufacturer of top-quality waterproof marine clothing and equipment. Gill ultra-technical sailing clothing is used by enthusiastic dinghy sailors and cruising boaters everywhere. Gill designs their sailing jackets, gloves, boots or tops by listening to sailors and understanding their needs. Stringent product testing is performed both in the lab and on the water to make sure that all Gill Sailing Clothing delivers the comfort, protection and style that the active boater needs.
Gill simply makes the best Sailing and Boating Clothing available- anywhere.
There are two key elements to all high performance boating clothing: 1. the garment design, 2. the fabric construction and treatment. The fabric represents over fifty percent of the cost of each garment. If the fabric fails to perform then so does the garment.
The best looking garment in the world is not much help when you are beating into a westerly gale, soaking wet and miserable. That is why Gill works so closely with the best fabric suppliers to develop materials that are most suited to the marine environment.
Gill Marine Product Availability by Activity
- Ocean/Offshore (Men & Women's: Jackets, Trousers, Smocks)
- Coastal/Inshore (Men & Women's: Jackets, Trousers, Vests)
- Race Collection (Racer Jackets, Trousers, Vests, Smocks, T-Shirts, Tights, Shorts, Caps)
- Dinghy One Design (Racer Jackets, Trousers, Vests, Smocks, Hiking Pants, Hiking Pads, Knee Pads, Trapeze Harness, Rash Guards, Drysuits,
- T-Shirts, Tights, Shorts, Caps)
- Shore Wear (Deck Shoes, Polo Shirts)
- Juniors (Sunglasses, Jackets, Hiking Pants, Rash Guards)
- Scholastic (Gloves, Jackets, Trousers, Rash Guards, Drysuits, Dry Cylinder Bags)
Powerboating & Fishing:
- Foul Weather Gear (Jackets, Trousers)
- Baselayer (Tees, Leggings)
- Midlayer (Jackets, Pants)
- Tec/UV Wear (T-Shirts, Shorts)
- Footwear (Deck Shoes, Boots, Trainers)
- Gloves (Deckhand, Helmsmen)
- Headwear (Helmsman Hat, Cap, Sun Hats, Storm Hoods, Neck Gaiters, Visors)
- Juniors (Jackets, Pants)
- Women's (Jackets, Trousers, T-Shirts, Shorts)
- Luggage (Dry Bags, Wash Bags)
- Cargo Bags
- Rescue Knives
- Wash Bags
Gill TECHNICAL GUIDES
Gill Marine Garment Layering Guide:
1. The Base Layer (next to the skin)
The base or wicking layer is designed to transport moisture and perspiration away from the skin while helping you to feel dry and warm. The base layer is the foundation of the entire Gill clothing system, making it imperative that it performs correctly.
2. The Mid Layer (Jackets, Vests and Pants)
The mid layer is worn over a base layer and under the outer layer. Mid layers provide additional thermal benefits and are highly breathable to assist the movement of moisture to the outer layer. Mid Layer Garments are constructed from fibers that are designed to not absorb water, dry quickly and provide extra warmth. Gill offers a wide array of mid layer garments that are designed to work in a wide variety of conditions.
3. The Outer Layer (Jackets, Trousers and Tops)
The waterproof outer layer is your first line of protection from the elements. It is essential that the outer layer garment performs reliably in the most extreme conditions. All Gill outer layer garments are designed to be fully breathable so that all trapped moist air can escape. Gill outer layer garments provide superior thermal protection while exhibiting impressive waterproof and windproof properties. All Gill outer layer garments are designed with an array of features that maximize comfort and performance.
Gill GARMENT PRODUCT CARE
In order to maintain the best performance from any Gill Marine garment it is important that the fabric care instructions are followed. Garment care instructions are located on the inside of each article of clothing. Below is a general guide on how to care for the different ranges of Gill technical clothing.
If you have any questions regarding Gill products please contact customer service and an expert will respond promptly.
Gill now offers the first ever marine specific range of aftercare products. The Gill product care products restore and rejuvenates your marine garments while extending their useful service life.
The Gill Product Care range has been developed and tested specifically for use on marine garments and includes:
- Gill Reproofing Spray produces a water, oil, salt and stain repellent finish to any fabric without affecting the ability to breath.
- Gill Wash-in Cleaner is for use on all waterproof, windproof and wicking fabrics.
- Gill Intensive Spot Cleaner removes stubborn dirt and grime in addition to oil and grease.
The Gill product care range is the essential companion to all of your Gill marine garments.
Gill REPROOFING SPRAY A001
Gill Reproofing Spray is designed to be easy to apply, quick drying and be very effective in marine conditions.
Easy to apply
Repels water and stains
Gill Reproofing Spray can be applied to any fabric to quickly produce a water, oil, salt and stain repellent finish.
Gill WASH-IN CLEANER A002
Gill Wash-In Cleaner was developed for use on all waterproof, windproof and wicking fabrics. A concentrated formula means that it can be used in a washing machine or applied by hand washing.
Easy to use
Machine or hand wash
Contains liquid Silver
Kills bacteria and prevents unpleasant odors
Gill INTENSIVE SPOT CLEANER A003
Gill Intensive Spot Cleaner uses a concentrated citrus formula that penetrates deeply into fabrics to remove stubborn dirt and grime while dissolving oil and grease stains.
Easy and simple to use
Water soluble for easy rinsing
Penetrates dirt and oils
Use to pre-treat your garment prior to a full cleaning
Concentrated citrus formula
Penetrates fabrics to remove difficult stains, oil and grease.
RESPECT THE ELEMENTS
All Gill products come with the "Gill Guarantee". This means that you can trust a Gill product to perform whenever you need it to. The "Gill Guarantee" covers against all defects in material and workmanship which means that if, after inspection, the product is found to be defective (other than fair wear & tear) we will repair or replace it at our discretion, free of charge.