Aqua Signal Lighting
Aqua Signal has been producing marine lighting & electronics for over 130 years. Their range of conventional and LED lighting meets the needs of recreational, commercial, and naval vessels ranging from small sailboats to cruise ships, ferries, and even offshore drilling platforms.
Aqua Signal LED Lighting
Did you know Aqua Signal was the first marine lighting manufacturer to offer a complete line of LED navigation lights, and the first to receive worldwide approval for this technology?
Combined with Aqua Signal's proprietary prism lens, these LED navigation lights give your boat markedly increased visibility and contribute to safer boating. The LED fixture features a single high quality diode with patented prism to meet industry requirements for light output, angles of visibility, and color. Additionally this fixture also helps to reduce the risk of premature failure of the diode by featuring a machined aluminum heat sink to dissipate heat build-up.
Compared to conventional incandescent bulbs, LED lights have lower power consumption (up to 80% less), burn brighter and last longer. LED navigation lights require no modification to operate with 12 or 24 volt systems. All Aqua Signal lights exceed USCG visibility requirements, are certified ABYC A-16, and are easy to install.
- Navigation lights
- Control lights
- Outdoor lighting
- Indoor lighting
- Emergency lighting systems
- Computerized illumination systems
- Decorative lighting
Do Aqua Signal lights meet USCG approvals?
Yes, all Aqua Signal LED's meet all worldwide regulations, they also meet or exceed the specific regulations promulgated by the USCG and ABYC for the US and Canadian market.
What are the benefits of LED technology?
- Compact LED size allows for a wide range of housings designs and sizes
- Increased life expectancy over incandescent (50,000 to 100,000 hours, defined as > 50% of original output)
- Safe Against Mechanical Shock and Vibration which makes it an excellent choice for automotive and marine applications
- Unlike conventional lighting, there is no risk of implosions
- Low maintenance costs (exchange or cleaning)
- Low operating costs (power consumption)
- Saves low voltage power supply (energy efficient)
- LED's produce more light/watt than incandescent light
- Can emit light of an intended color without the use of color filters that traditional lighting methods require
- LED's inherently focus the light
- No ill effects or premature failure from cycling on and off of LED lights
What are candelas in relation to navigational lights?
Candela (or candle power) is a measurement of light output and is often used for searchlights, floodlights and in some cases interior lights. This is the light output of the light or the measurable intensity of the light output. Navigation lights on the other hand, certified and measured by the distance they can be seen. The difference is light output vs. visible light detection. Aqua Signal does not publish candela rating measurements for their navigation lights.
Strobe light and LED light combination's
Aqua Signal LED fixtures do not include strobes. There are several reasons for this because of the smaller conductor sizes for the LED and the size of heat sinks need to cool the diodes. Because of the size of the heat sinks, it is not possible to fit the strobe into the LED fixture.