Technical Reference Manual
Steering for your boat that's as easy as
the power steering in your car!
SeaStar Power Assist offers boat owners
a new level of steering comfort and control
by reducing wheel effort- which makes
boating more enjoyable for everyone who
takes the helm!
This is the perfect upgrade for your
outboard, stern drive or inboard powered
boat that is already equipped with hydraulic
steering. SeaStar P/A easily ties into the
existing Sea Star hydraulic steering system.
Ideal for nearly any boat in which smooth, very
easy steering is desired- especially vessels in
which a high degree of effort is needed to turn
- Easy as the power steering in your car!
- Dramatically increases steering comfort by
reducing effort at the steering wheel.
- Easily-installed upgrade to existing SeaStar
or SeaStar PRO manual system
- Pro version available for SeaStar PRO type
- Number of turns lock to lock remains the
same as existing manual hydraulic system.
- Compatible with SeaStar Power Purge
- Compatible with autopilots.
- Rugged, reliable and compact.
- Wiring harness included.
- Ignition protected (SAE J-1171).
- 12V and 24V operation available.
- ABYC, CE, NMMA, ISO 10592 Approved.
- SeaStar P/A Mounting Bracket..............HA1202
(Provides flat mounting surface when mounting to floor or when
alternate mounting surface is required.)
- Dual Ignition Kit .....................................HA1201
(Connects P/A's wire to 2 engines- ignition circuits so P/A unit
stays on if one engine is switched off.)
(Please also see pages for the particular type
of SeaStar or SeaStar PRO manual hydraulic
system that will be used with this product.)
- SeaStar Oil (1 Quart).............................HA5430
Use only genuine SeaStar hose kits and oil with your SeaStar
Power Assist system.