Technical Reference Manual
NOTE: When properly installed, these engine
controls will connect to outboard, stern drive and
inboard engines, utilizing Mercury/Mariner and
OMC OEM type control cables as well as universal
3300/33C type cables and engine connection kits.
(May require purchase of cable connection kit(s) to
complete control system installation.)
(dual-function control- each lever controls
throttle AND shift)
The SL-3 is ideal for most boats. Offered in
four styles, it's a snap to install- without
needing control modifications or tedious
cable adjustments. And it accepts nearly
every type of cable!
For single station use with nearly any engine.
- Four styles: single and twin lever
topmounts + sidemount with and without
- Firm yet effortless shift and throttle motion.
- Entire gear mechanism is enclosed and
permanently lubricated for long-lasting,
- Port or starboard installation with various
cable entry angles.
- Easily adapted to push or pull the cables.
- "Easy-On" cable design means no
shift or throttle adjustments, no control
modifi cations, and accepts virtually every
type of cable.
- Push button for neutral engine warm-up.
- Trim switch in handle grip for one-hand
- Neutral safety switch prevents starting in
- Adjustable brake prevents throttle creep.
- Mechanical advantage 2.38:1.
- Meets/exceeds all applicable standards.