Haartz corporation began back in 1907 when the Haartz family began to offer automobile top and seat cover materials, since then they have come to manufacture not just automotive interior and exterior covers, but also fabric toppings specifically designed for the marine industry. They are an industry and environmental leader, utilizing innovative manufacturing techniques and state-of-the-art production processes to ensure improved recycling and better performance on all of their products.
Burbank vinyl by Haartz is a premium grade marine topping that is constructed of a PVC facing and a polyester backing. This topping is engineered to withstand everything that Mother Nature and the harsh marine environment has to offer. This Burbank vinyl is by far the one of the finest marine grade, vinyl topping materials on the market today.
- Water repellent
- Mildew inhibited
- UV stabilized
Haartz Marine Cleaning
Although this fabric does not promote mildew growth, it is possible for mildew to develop on dirt and other substances that have not been properly removed from the fabric, which is especially true in warm, humid, dark environments. To enhance the life and beauty of your marine fabric you should regularly perform regular cleanings.
General Purpose Cleaning
For more stubborn cases:
- Hand-washing in shade or partial shade, (not direct sunlight), is best
- DO NOT use detergent
- Remove loose particle soils, (like bird and tree droppings), immediately
- To remove loose particles, vacuum with a brush attachment and rinse thoroughly with water
- Use Bimini Topp Marine Cleaner (Wolfsteins Pro-Series) over entire surface, allow to soak 10-20 minutes then scrub lightly with a soft nylon brush or terry cloth rag, and rinse thoroughly
- Washing with a mild soap and warm water is an alternative to Bimini Topp Marine Cleaner
- Mix a solution of (no more than) 4 oz. (1/2 cup) bleach, and 2 oz. (1/4 cup) Bimini Topp Marine Cleaner per gallon of water
- Soak solution for about 20 minutes and then scrub lightly, (excessive soak can deteriorate seam threads)
- Rinse thoroughly to prevent streaking on painted and chrome surfaces
- Once fabric is dry, the cleaning must be followed by re-water repelling with Bimini Topp Marine Protectant, failure to apply will result in rapid re-soiling of the unprotected fabric