Formed in 1881, Interlux is one of the world's largest manufacturers of high performance yacht and marine coating and offers the highest standard of care for all kinds of vessels and is established as an integral part of boat building and maintenance.
Today, Interlux offers a wide range of products to suit your marine application, including:
Epiglass Epoxy Resin System
Complete Boatcare - 1,2,3
- Longest lasting, multi-season, offers the ability to haul and re-launch without repainting
- Controlled polishing like a bar of soap reduces paint build up, eliminating the need for sanding
- Micron Technology polishes to a smoother surface than hard antifoulings - maximizing fuel saving
- Unlike old fashion high copper bottom paints, Micron uses less copper more efficiently for longest lasting antifouling protection
- Suited for both power and sailboats, in all waters, at all times
Epiglass SystemsThe Epiglass Epoxy Resin system by Interlux has a background of 30 years experience in Australia and New Zealand and offers a tried and tested multi-purpose epoxy system for Professional and do-it-yourself use. The Epiglass system is a versatile epoxy resin system suitable for a wide variety of uses on boats of all types.
- Epiglass HT9000 Epoxy Resin System
- Epiglass HT120 High Strength Glue Powder
- Epiglass HT450 Lightweight Filler Powder
All Interlux thinners have been developed to be fully compatible with the rest of the Interlux product range, allowing you to use these products in the the most efficient and economical way to clean equipment after use. Interlux thinners suit a variety of applications including those specialized for vinyl bottom boats, for spray 2-part polyurethanes or epoxies, along with slow or fast drying solvents, and those developed with low VOC.
With Interlux paint finishes you can achieve a durable, high performance and quality finish every time. They offer a fully integrated range, which means that products can be mixed to achieve desired ranges of colors, matt finishes and non-slip surfaces, to ensure that each area of your boat has the best possible appearance and performance. Interlux offers interior finishes, premium one and two-part finishes, conventional products as well as specialty products for deck, and finishes designed to prevent absorption of oil, gasoline or sludge into wood and fiberglass.
Interlux has several wood treatments designed to caring for the wood on your boat and keep it looking fresh and new. All of the systems provide a barrier to protect your boat against the elements which attack the surface during the season, while enhancing the natural appearance of the wood.
- Varnish - Provides excellent protection for the wood while allowing the natural beauty of the wood to show through.
- Synthetic finishes - These easy to apply, low maintenance finishes are an alternative to oils and varnishes.
- Teak Oil - Uses a traditional Scandinavian blend of oils that is easy to apply, fast drying and provides a warm, golden color for the ultimate protection against the elements.
surface preparation is the secret to a professional finished look. Interlux offers a wide range of primers to suit whatever surface you happen to be working with. They have everything from low VOC, multi-purpose, high builds, and no sand primers as well as many more.
Interlux fillers can be used for repairs and routine maintenance both above and below the waterline, their range of filler products is sure to have a filler to meet your application.
The Interlux Interprotect system is designed to deal with gelcoat blistering and can help prevent serious problems in the later life of your boat. Blistering of the gelcoat is caused by osmosis, a chemical reaction between water and unreacted substances remaining in the manufactured hull. Water breaches the exterior gelcoat and reacts with the chemical components creating acidic substances. These substances create pressure behind the gelcoat which causes blisters and eventually cracking. Once the gelcoat is breached in this manner, the underlying laminate is capable of absorbing water like a sponge. This product line by Interlux will help to treat and prevent this problem.