Polyform US is a world leader in buoy manufacturing, and produces buoys, fenders and accessories for use in boat mooring, marinas, deep oceans and river. Their commitment to quality has made them the most trusted name in buoys and fenders. You are sure to find the right Polyform product to suit your application, from their trademark A Series buoys that are used by more people in the world than any other buoy, to a full line of accessories and specially engineered utility fenders.
Fenders & Buoys
- G Series: Designed for light to medium duty. Ideal for trailerable boats and boats under 35', the G Series fenders are not recommended for unprotected moorings.
- HTM Series: The HTM Series fenders are designed for medium to heavy duty and feature a versatile center rope tube and offer maximum strength when hung horizontally. These fenders are best on boats up to 40'.
- F Series: F Series fenders are great for heavy duty usage and boats up to 120'. These fenders are ideal for unprotected moorings with large waves/ tidal fluctuations.
- A Series: These heavy duty A Series fenders are the best rafting fenders available and can also serve as mooring/ anchor buoys. As well they offer the most stand off for the money.
- LD Series: The LD Series heavy duty fenders are suited for the same applications as the A Series, however these LD's offer shorter length vs. diameter and can replace larger F's.
- S Series: The S Series mooring buoy is AWSA approved as a boat guide marker and is suited as a fender for jet skis and boats up to 20', as well as a marker for small lobster or crab pots. Its elongated design allows it to sit higher in the water than an ordinary round buoy.
- WS Series: The WS Series Slalom buoy was designed to compliment the S Series buoy, paired together they offer a complete package of competition and race-course markers. High quality PVC and a strong ropehold make this buoy durable and built to last.
- NF Series: The NF Series blends the styling of the G Series and the multi-ribbed ropehold of the F Series, to create this medium-duty use fender for use in both permanent protected and unprotected moorings.
Choosing A Buoy Size
A buoy's size is determined by the weight of the line or chain it must support. Calculate the weight of you line, plus a 25% safety margin, then consult the buoyancy chart. Always use chafing gear where mooring lines run through bow chocks or are likely to contact deck hardware. A thimble on the shackled end will prevent chafe at the buoy.
- CM Series: CM Series mooring buoy's are designed to provide the ultimate in strength, durability and boat protection, they feature a mooring iron that is made with either vinyl-protected galvanized or stainless steel. For added strength and security the CM Series also features a 1/2-inch steel rod, a larger eye (4-3/8 inch diameter) and 1-1/2 inch wide swivel.
- CC Series: Designed to keep your dock safe, make mooring easy, and protect the dock edge from smaller to medium size boats, dinghy's, kayaks, and jet-ski's. These polyguard moldings are durable, UV resistant, and unlike polyurethane foams, these moldings are resistant to permeation of algae and marine life.
- Polyguard Dock Moldings: Designed to keep your dock safe, make mooring easy, and protect the dock edge from smaller to medium size boats, dinghy's, kayaks, and jet-ski's. These polyguard moldings are durable, UV resistant, and unlike polyurethane foams, these moldings are resistant to permeation of algae and marine life.
- When picking up a mooring, always use the top ring to pick the buoy with a boat hook. Then shackle the mooring pennant to the mooring chain shackle, rather than to the buoy itself. This puts all the strain on the anchor chain, rather than the buoy.
- Elite Fender Covers: Polyform Elite Fender covers are constructed from a premium grade polyester yarn, making it resistant to abrasion and UV exposure. As well, these covers resist water absorption and keep fenders manageably light when wet. The cover is woven on a special machine which produces a seamless tube, meaning no splitting seams.
- TrueFit Fender Covers: The True Fit Fender Holder is a modular system that fits rails from 7/8" to 1-1/4" at any height or angle. The True Fit is one of the most popular fender holders on the market and is durable for years of service.