Deks Olje is a two step wood finishing system that is much easier to apply and maintain than traditional varnish. D1 is applied first. Deks Olje D1
is a specially formulated penetrating oil that soaks deep into teak and other marine wood grain, producing a rich transparent matte finish
. The oil helps strengthen wood against the deteriorating effects of sun, salt, wind, and foot traffic for increased durability. If you desire a matte finish similar to rubbed Tung oil, D1 is the only step necessary.
If you wish to continue to a high gloss finish, apply D2 over the D1. Deks Olje D2 is very easy to apply, and produces a hard, flexible gloss coating that doesn't chip or peel like varnish. Fully cured, D2 is slightly softer than traditional varnish but very easily maintained. You may blend seamless touchups to high wear areas with D2.
The item was added to your wishlist.
The item was added to your shop cart.
Deks Olje penetrates wood, rather than simply coating the surface. It has no UV inhibitors, meaning it is a true clear finish that enhances the true beauty of wood underneath. The penetrating oil naturally strengthens wood fiber and prevents weathering degradation. For best results, first clean wood with Owatrol Wood Deck Cleaner.
Matte Finish Apply D1 to new or cleaned wood. D1 may also be overcoated with any other type of varnish. D1 is the first step continuing on with D2 high gloss application.
Satin Gloss Finish After first applying D1, apply two final coats of blended D1 & D2, 50:50 mix.
High Gloss Finish After first applying D1, finish with six coats of D2.
Why Deks Olje products are a favorite for JD customers:
- Good product coverage, a little goes a long way
- Easy application. Simply saturate wood with D1 then follow with D2
- Simple Application tools : Brush or Roller. No need to use high end brushes required in fine varnish jobs
- Forgiving Application temperature range : +41°F to +95°F
- Drying time: 24 hr
- Setting up time before use : 3 days
- Easy Clean-up : Mineral-Spirits
- Years of service with no stripping back to bare wood. Even if wood is badly neglected, cleaning and reapplication will restore original brightness.
- Penetrating oils go deep. Water cannot get beneath surface. This means Deks Olje weathers but does not lift like varnish.
- Easy seasonal touch-ups.
- You don't have to be a professional applicator to get pro results
Ideal uses for Deks Olje D1 Penetrating Matte Finish
- Exterior & interior use - Deck, hulls, trim, wheel house, furniture...
- Horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Hardwoods and exotic tropical woods - Teak, Ipe, Bovinga, Bolondo, Iroko, Oak...
- Excellent primer for traditional coatings both above and below the waterline.
Ideal uses for Deks Olje D2 Gloss Finish
- Hardwoods and Exotic hardwoods - Teak, Ipe, Mahogany, Iroko, Bangkirai...
- New or weathered wood.
- Exterior use - Rubbing Strakes, Handrails, Wheel houses, booms, masts...
- Interior use - Furniture, Seating, bulkheads...
- Horizontal & Vertical surfaces
- Optimised for thick, dense, oily and difficult to impregnate woods.
- Drives out moisture and air by penetrating deep into pores.
- Protects against humidity and its effects.
- Transparent - maintains the woods natural appearance.
- Natural matt sheen finish (For a gloss finish topcoat with DEKS OLJE D.2).
- Non film forming - No peeling, No flaking.
- Easy maintenance - No stripping or sanding.
- Can be applied above and below the water line.
- Flexible film that does not craze, peel or flake.
- High gloss finish.
- Highly transparent varnish - enhances the natural beauty of the wood.
- Long term protection.
- No sanding between coats.
- Easy maintenance.
- Easy repair, no stripping.
Number Of Parts:
- Easy clean-up
- Easy to apply
- Nicer Finish Than Reg Oil
- Teak Coverboards
- Teak decks
- Teak trim
- Even Paint Distribution
- Goes On Very Easy
- Detailed Work
- Inside Of Lapstrake Sides
- Large Areas
- easy to appy
- Easy To Clean