2016 Interlux Spring Mail-In Rebate Program
Purchase up to two (2) gallons of eligible Interlux antifouling paint or up to two (2) quarts of Cetol® Marine and/or VC® 17m between February 1, 2016, and May 31, 2016, and save up to $40
via Manufacturer's mail-in rebate. See the 2016 Interlux Spring Mail-
In Rebate Form for complete details.
This antifouling bottom paint is suited for use on all boats, including fiberglass, aluminum, wood, and steel, and is approved for use in all waters. Since the performance of the product is directly related to the amount of paint applied (thin film thickness could lead to premature fouling), Interlux recommends applying a 2 coat minimum for best results. Pacifica Plus can be applied using either a brush or roller.
- Copper free ablative antifouling
- Contains Econea to control shell growth
- Controlled release of biocide to prevent fouling
- Clean, crisp, bright colors
- Fast dry
- High solids/ Low VOC
Sand with medium grade emery cloth to a bright metal finish. Wipe clean and apply a very thing coat of Viny-Lux Primewash 353/354. Prime with InterProtect 2000E/2001E. Viny-Lux Primewash can be omitted on sandblasted aluminum if priming with InterProtect is done on the same day as blasting.
Factory finished aluminum:
Prime with Primocon.
Bare fiberglass (polyester or vinylester)
Bare fiberglass must be properly prepared to prevent delamination of the antifouling paint. Start by scrubbing the surface thouroughly with soap and water using a stiff brush, then rinse with water. Wipe a small area witha clean rag that has been wetted with Firberglass Solvent Wash 202. While the surface is still wet, wipe with a clean, dry rag. Continue until the entire surface has been cleaned.
- With the No Sand System, apply one thin, continuous coat of Interlux Fiberglass No-Sand Primer.
- With the Sanding System, sand with 80 grade paper, remove sanding residue and then wipe with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202.
Sand with 80 grade paper. Clean with Special Thinner 216. Apply first coat reduced 10% with Special Thinner 216. If necessary, fill seams with Seam Compound Brown 30.
- If the wood was previously painted and still in good condition, rinse with fresh water and allow surface to dry. Abrade with 80-grit sandpaper and remove the residue by wiping clean with Special Thinner 216.
- If the wood was previously painted and is in poor condition, remove all old antifouling paint using Interstrip 299E, followed by sanding and wiping clean with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202.
Mixing and thinning instructions:
Shake and mix well. Stir continuously while using. Thin only when necessary with Interlux Brush Ease 433 or Special Thinner 216 (not to exceed 10% by volume).
General application procedures:
Apply at least 2 full coats by brush or (solvent resistant) 3/8" nap roller. If during the application the brush pulls or roller drages, use Interlux Brush Ease 433 to improve handling. Apply an extra coat to high wear areas, such as the waterline, bow and keel areas.
- Thinner: Special Thinner 216 or Brush-Ease 433 (do not exceed 10%)
- Clean-up: Special Thinner 216 or Brush-Ease 433
- Coverage: 510 square feet per gallon, per coat at 2.0 mils DFT
- VOC: 330 gms/ltr as supplied (2.75 lb/gallon)
- Application temperature: 41°F (5°C) to 95°F (35°C)