This item is eligible for free shipping on orders over $99.99
Pettit's Z Spar Captains Satin Varnish V-975 impressively enhances interior woodwork with a soft, satin sheen. Captains Satin Varnish is a long-lasting urethane resin that resists scratches, chips, alcohol, and water. The urethane's quicker drying time allows for faster overcoating, which saves time.
Varnished Wood in Good Condition
1. Thoroughly sand the existing varnish with 220 grit production paper and wipe clean with a tack rag.
2. Apply at least two coats of Pettit V-975 Satin Varnish. Let the first coat dry overnight, sand with 220 grit sandpaper and clean off sanding residue with a tack rag before applying the final coat.
Varnished Wood in Poor Condition
1. Remove all the old varnish with a paint and varnish remover or by sanding.
2. Bleach the wood if necessary to remove water stains.
3. Proceed with the system for bare wood shown above.
Bare Teak (or other woods with high oil content)
1. Sand the wood smooth with 120 grit production paper to open up the grain. Wipe the surface thoroughly with Pettit 121 Spraying Thinner in an effort to aggressively remove as much oil as possible.
2. Apply a generous coat of Pettit 2012 Super Dry Sealer. After a two to four hour dry, lightly sand the surface with 220 grit sandpaper and wipe it clean with a rag dampened with Pettit 120/T-10 Brushing Thinner.
3. Apply at least six coats of Pettit V-975 Satin Varnish. Let each coat dry overnight, then sand with 220 grit sandpaper, and clean off sanding residue with a tack rag before applying the next coat.
It should be noted that woods with a high oil content may eventually experience adhesion problems as there is no way to totally eliminate the oil and prevent it from migrating to the surface. However, this application technique has proven successful in most circumstances.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Phasellus suscipit tincidunt tristique. Quisque mattis euismod ipsum, ac accumsan ante fermentum non. Vestibulum eget auctor lorem. Integer euismod justo nulla, nec ultricies ipsum pulvinar in. Duis sed fringilla turpis, at ultricies orci. Nam est turpis, consequat nec feugiat a.
Praesent sodales et ipsum
Mauris congue justo sit amet lacus sagittis, a tempor lectus tempus. Suspendisse quis nulla ac nibh accumsan tincidunt ac quis tortor. Proin dignissim aliquam odio, sed bibendum urna sagittis dapibus. Aenean ut tristique ante, sit amet ultrices nisi. Praesent eu dapibus augue. Mauris tempus suscipit ipsum, et malesuada tellus euismod eu. Quisque consequat turpis id feugiat lacinia. Vestibulum sit amet elementum augue. Quisque tempus ligula vitae placerat pulvinar. In egestas sodales lorem, id egestas lacus pharetra eget. Sed ac mi placerat, placerat nulla ut, imperdiet nunc. Mauris at felis vehicula, commodo est eu, ullamcorper purus.