This item is eligible for free shipping on orders over $99.99
This item will require additional time to ship
Z Spar Captains Ultra Clear 2067 is a premium urethane varnish with ultraviolet inhibitors designed to maintain outstanding gloss long after ordinary varnishes have faded. Ultra-Clear differs from Flagship and Captains 1015 in that it is as a urethane resin type resin. The urethane resin adds clarity and hardness not found in natural varnishes. As a result, Ultra Clear provides remarkable resistance to scratches, chips, alcohol and water. Excellent brushability, leveling and fast buildup make this varnish a pleasure to apply. Z Spar Captains Ultra Clear 2067 varnish is an excellent choice for areas where durability and brightwork gloss are required.
Varnished Wood in Good Condition
1. Thoroughly sand the existing varnish with 220 grit production paper and wipe clean with a tack rag.
2. Apply at least two coats of Pettit 2067 Ultra Clear Varnish. Let the first coat dry overnight, sand with 220 grit sandpaper and clean off sanding residue with a tack rag before applying the final coat.
Varnished Wood in Poor Condition
1. Remove all the old varnish with a paint and varnish remover or by sanding.
2. Bleach the wood if necessary to remove water stains.
3. Proceed with the system for bare wood shown above.
Bare Teak (or other woods with high oil content)
1. Sand the wood smooth with 120 grit production paper to open up the grain. Wipe the surface thoroughly with Pettit 121 Spraying Thinner in an effort to aggressively remove as much oil as possible.
2. Apply a generous coat of Pettit 2012 Super Dry Sealer. After a two to four hour dry, lightly sand the surface with 220 grit sandpaper and wipe it clean with a rag dampened with Pettit 120/T-10 Brushing Thinner.
3. Apply at least six coats of Pettit 2067 Ultra Clear Varnish. Let each coat dry overnight, sand with 220 grit sandpaper, and clean off sanding residue with a tack rag before applying the next coat.
It should be noted that woods with a high oil content may eventually experience adhesion problems as there is no way to totally eliminate the oil and prevent it from migrating to the surface. However, this application technique has proven successful in most circumstances.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov