1. Interlux Interstain Paste Wood Filler and Stain fills the grain of the wood so that the number of coats of varnish can be reduced and it stains the wood to enhance its natural beauty.
2. Surface Preparation: Wood surface must be clean and dry. If bleaching has been necessary be sure to neutralize surface prior to application of any paint product.
3. Sand with 80-grit production sandpaper. Wipe with Brushing Liquid 333 to remove sanding residue.
4. Reduce stain with Brushing Liquid 333 to a consistency of heavy house paint. (NOTE: Excessive thinning will produce a stain only - not filling qualities).
5. Apply filler stain by brush, with the grain. After the stain appears to flatten (5-10 minutes), wipe across grain with burlap pad until surface appears uniform. Use cloth moistened with Brushing Liquid 333 to even out any streaking that may have developed.
6. When dry (4-6 hours), sand lightly to remove fuzz caused by grain swelling.
7. Apply 4-6 coats of varnish.