Want a job that you'll love?
At Jamestown we are strong believers that happy employees make for happy customers.
We want all of our employees to be successful and proud of their work. We encourage creativity and personality in the pursuit of constantly improving. We like to work hard and have fun. And we love what we do and who we work with.
Come join the team. Jamestown's offices and warehouse are a friendly, fun and professional environment. We offer employee discounts, a casual work environment and a competitive benefits package.
We are looking for individuals to fill the following positions:
Jamestown Distributors has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Graphic Designer to join our Marketing team. We are looking for incredibly talented designers who have an eye for detail and a creative mind to join our team. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys working in a small, collaborative group, demonstrates a modern design aesthetic and has a passion for creating measurable, print and digital-marketing campaigns.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for all of the visual aspects of Jamestown Distributors' marketing communications, collateral and brand messaging. This includes but is not limited to the following areas of responsibility:
- Print Catalog - Responsible for the design and production of multiple print catalogs each year - start to finish.
- Email - Manage the design, layout and production of all email marketing messages.
- Website - Responsible for working with the merchandising and website team to manage and schedule banners and visual elements throughout the JD e-commerce and mobile website.
- Internal Branded Products - Working with a team to develop the TotalBoat line of products.
- Social Media - Assist with and work on a team to promote Jamestown in social media outlets. Maintaining the Jamestown brand position from a graphic/visual point of view.
- Advertising - Responsible for the design and production of all online and offline advertising.
- Photography - Responsible for all in-house photography, managing equipment, staging and managing the photo shoots. (Assist and Support the video team where needed.)
- Degree in graphic design or related field (equivalent work experience considered)
- 3-5 years of work experience in this field
- Experience with catalog design
- Knowledge of website design -- HTML and CSS
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Strong copywriting, editing and proofreading abilities
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- Great attitude - positive, collaborative, self-starter
If you are interested in joining the Jamestown Distributors team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. JD is an equal opportunity employer.
Seasonal Retail Store Sales Associate
Jamestown Distributors is looking for a Retail Store Sales Associate for our Bristol facility. Retail sales experience is required and boat building or woodworking experience is a big plus. The successful candidate will also have data entry and computer experience and excellent communication skills. This position requires attention to detail and good math skills. Additional responsibilities include packing shipments in the warehouse during times when the store is slow. We offer employee discounts and a competitive benefits package.
Please email your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Technical Representative Temp Position
At Jamestown Distributors, we love boats. Our focus is in helping boaters repair, build and take care of their boats. Customers have trusted Jamestown Distributors for quality boating and boatbuilding supplies since 1977. We take pride in offering customers a better experience with a small, strong team of individuals.Â If you are as passionate about boating as we are and looking for a great, flexible position on our amazing team, we are hiring!
We are looking for part-time employees with product knowledge in the marine industry. You will provide our customers information about our products and inform them of the best way to use these products for the customerâs particular application.
If you are looking for part-time work or for a position that provides great flexibility and you have marine industry experience, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.