Propprep removes grease and contaminants from propellers and underwater running gear. An essential step in the Propspeed application process, Propprep reacts with the metal to create a porous surface layer that ensures proper adhesion of Propspeed Etching Primer. Not for use on cadmium, magnesium, or zinc.
Available in a 500ml Bottle, 1L Bottle, or 10-pack of Wipes.
The item was added to your wishlist.
The item was added to your shop cart.
Propspeed Foul Release Coating System Features
Improves performance and fuel economy.
Reduces drag and increases speed.
Green alternative to toxic antifouling products; won't harm marine life.
In drive, easily releases any fouling that may have accumulated on running gear while stationary.
Eliminates cavitation and vibration, for a smooth, fast ride.
Includes instructions for easy, effective application.
Available in DIY and Professional Kits.
Kits include easy-to-follow instructions.
Important! Install all zincs before applying Propspeed.
Propspeed Application: 5 Easy Steps
1. Prepare the metal surface: Sand to an 80-grit profile or use Propstrip (sold separately) to remove old coatings.
2. Initial cleaning: Use Propclean Wipes to remove grease and other surface contaminants.
3. Metal conditioning: Apply Propprep solution liberally by rag or wipes, working over small areas at a time. Do not allow to dry out. Remove by wiping off thoroughly with a clean rag.
4. Apply Etching Primer (2 coats): Mix 2-part etching primer base and hardener in a 4:1 ratio. Apply 1st coat with a brush or foam roller.
5. Apply clear coat (1 coat): Apply Clear Coat topcoat by brush (do not use a foam roller) when the final coat of etching primer is dry to touch. This should be about at 80°F & 85% RH.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Prior to starting the Propspeed system application, install all zincs or tape off areas zinc anodes will be placed.
Propprep contains no corrosion inhibitors so apply the Etching Primer and Clear Coat to the treated surface as soon as possible after treatment with Propprep (liquid or wipes).
HEALTH AND PERSONAL SAFETY INFORMATION
Be sure that you read and understand the information in the SDS and TDS documents for each of the products in the Propspeed sytem before starting the application process.
Propprep: Propprep is acidic. Operators should wear gloves, goggles and protective clothing. If splashed onto the skin, wash off with copious amounts of soap and water. If splashed into eyes, wash and flush eye with water for a minimum of 15 minutes. In case of ingestion, give patient copious quantities of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting. In all cases seek medical attention promptly. See SDS for further safety information.