Use Propclean Wipes to thoroughly clean and degrease metal parts like shafts, struts, propellers, and rudders prior to applying Propprep metal wash and conditioner. Wipes feature an alcohol-based cleaner that ensures metal surfaces are free of contaminants.
The item was added to your wishlist.
The item was added to your shop cart.
Propspeed Foul Release Coating System Features
Improves performance and fuel economy.
Reduces drag and increases speed.
Green alternative to toxic antifouling products; won't harm marine life.
In drive, easily releases any fouling that may have accumulated on running gear while stationary.
Eliminates cavitation and vibration, for a smooth, fast ride.
Includes instructions for easy, effective application.
Available in DIY and Professional Kits.
Kits include easy-to-follow instructions.
Important! Install all zincs before applying Propspeed.
Propspeed Application: 5 Easy Steps
1. Prepare the metal surface: Sand to an 80-grit profile or use Propstrip (sold separately) to remove old coatings.
2. Initial cleaning: Use Propclean Wipes to remove grease and other surface contaminants.
3. Metal conditioning: Apply Propprep solution liberally by rag or wipes, working over small areas at a time. Do not allow to dry out. Remove by wiping off thoroughly with a clean rag.
4. Apply Etching Primer (2 coats): Mix 2-part etching primer base and hardener in a 4:1 ratio. Apply 1st coat with a brush or foam roller.
5. Apply clear coat (1 coat): Apply Clear Coat topcoat by brush (do not use a foam roller) when the final coat of etching primer is dry to touch. This should be about at 80°F & 85% RH.
Propclean Application Information
Use Propclean to remove any contaminants, grease, and oil from the metal surface before applying Propprep. Work in a small area at a time, removing excess Propclean immediately with a clean, dry cotton rag.
It's important to paint any metal surfaces cleaned with Propclean as soon as possible, preferably within 4 hours.
Do not apply Propclean to zinc, cadmium, or magnesium surfaces, as these metals are subject to chemical attack by acids.
HEALTH AND PERSONAL SAFETY INFORMATION
Be sure that you read and understand the information in the SDS and TDS documents for each of the products in the Propspeed sytem before starting the application process.
Propclean: Propclean is alcohol based. Operators should wear gloves, goggles and protective clothing. If splashed onto the skin, wash off with copious amounts of soap and water. If splashed into eyes, wash and flush eyes with water for a minimum of 15 minutes. In case of ingestion, give patient
copious quantities of water or milk. Do not induce vomiting. In all cases, seek medical attention promptly. See SDS for further safety information.