Get Free Shipping on your order now! Don't miss out!
Only 5 left
1 gl contains 1 gl

This item is eligible for free shipping

Product Details

Pettit Fiberglass Dewaxer is a special blend of solvents, formulated to cut through and remove mold release, grease, and previously applied waxes from the gelcoat. Can be used above and below the waterline. Fiberglass de-waxing is necessary because visible and invisible release agents remain on the hull from the manufacturing process. Covers approximately 400 square feet per gallon.

Info & Guides
Prior to surface preparation of any kind, all bare fiberglass to be painted must be thoroughly washed. 95 Fiberglass Dewaxer is a special blend of solvents, formulated specifically to cut through and remove mold release, grease and previously applied wax from the gelcoat. Regardless of the boat's age, the initial washing is imperative -- residual parting agents, utilized by the manufacturer to "pop" the boat from the mold, may still be present, although not visibly apparent.

Although the fiberglass will be slightly etched by the strong solvents in Fiberglass Dewaxer, the surface must be sanded -- or a coat of Bottom Prep 6999 Sandless Primer applied -- before painting.

    Approximately 400 square feet per gallon, depending upon number of applications. Do not use sparingly.

    Liberally wash the surface to be painted with clean rags and Fiberglass Dewaxer, changing the rags frequently (this prevents merely smearing the contaminants around).

    Always perform this operation before sanding to avoid driving the wax further into the gelcoat as well as gumming the sandpaper. After sanding, repeat the operation to remove sanding residue
  • WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm -

    Reviews for Pettit Fiberglass Dewaxer

    2 of 2 Reviews

    December 6, 2009

    What's with the red dye?
    By Morgan from Florida

    I used to love this product, preparing for awlgrip painting my boats, before they added the red dye to this dewaxer. Just tried to use on my cabin trunk, and the red got trapped in the non-skid edges, and I cannot get it out of the deck hardware bedding. Because of the red dye, I can't use it for my current painting project.

    Bottom Line No, I would not recommend to a friend

    Was this review helpful to you?

    March 6, 2008

    Would buy again - but less this time
    By svm from Austin, TX

    A little bit goes a long way, and it's not easy to get off once you get it on. All in all, it's pretty difficult to use. It is however a very powerful solvent and seems to do a good job, if you can get it off.

    Bottom Line Yes, I would recommend to a friend

    Was this review helpful to you?