- To speed cure time, spray a little water onto one-part LIFE-CALK®
- To clean up tools, equipment and uncured LIFE-CALK® use LIFE-CALK® SOLVENT AND CLEANER or Boatlife RELEASE®
- Push the caulking gun, do not pull it.
- In cold areas, warm tubes and cartridges before use.
- Fill in small cracks with LIQUID LIFE-CALK® .
- Use LIFE-CALK® PRIMER if there is any question about whether or not wood is oily (except with LIFE-CALK® 2-part type P). Remove cured sealants with RELEASE® by spraying edge of sealant. Work bonded area between surface and sealant with a scraping tool and RELEASE® until sealant is weakened.
Related Boatlife How-To Topics:
How to care for teak
Caulking teak deck seams
How to use wet wood epoxy
How to use "GIT"-ROT
Tips for Life-Calk & Release
Tips for Fiberglass Cleaner
Tips for TeakBrite
To learn more about Boatlife Products please visit